Thursday, May 21, 2020

Boston Illegal #19

Thursday evening May 14, 2020 was my 56th official day at home (Shelter in Place).  I have literally not left the house more than 4 times in my car  (Ellen & Susan have been my concierge for food and sundries).  I have physically seen only twelve people for these 56 days.   Since Ohio was opening up it was time for a socially physical distancing time - Boston Legal. #19.



Once the spouses heard about this they decided to have their Boston Illegal on the front patio.  The need for physical social interaction is clearly a mandatory emotional need.  The movie Castaway with Tom Hanks remains one of my favorite movies as it shows the willingness to risk death for relationship connectiveness.

It does not surprise me that the USA is opening up and emotions are riding high between the extroverts and introverts. Suddenly a new education about natural rights and freedoms become the day to day discussions about the shelter-in-place orders and pending orders about masks and gloves.

J.P. had sent me a link to Randy Barnett's discussion about Individual Liberty in a Pandemic.  Little did I understand the overriding weight of my freedom as defined by the Ohio Constitution (vs the Federal Constitution).  I have never read the Ohio Constitution!

No movie for this Boston Legal  -  however I decided to post facto watch one as the suggested homework -   Charlton Heston in "The Omega Man" (1971).   Little did I realize this was just a COVID-19 movie showing all the people that decided to ignore shelter in place and stay out late at night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment