Saturday, October 14, 2023

Grandparent Dividends

I'm only 6 months late in blogging about the second Grandparent dividend that was payable on 4/5/2023 - the delivery date of Wesley Allen Robinson.  Today was a bonus day when Jenna brought over "Baby Wes" for a visit.  I quickly had to find all the infant devices (e.g. the over the door molding bouncer) out of storage.  

Born 4/5/2023 at 9:42am 8lbs 10 oz and 21.25 inches, Wesley Allen Robinson has doubled the grandparent equity account in a short two years from Teddy's arrival (4/13/2021). Two boys at about two years apart is what my Mother experienced with D'Lane and myself 69 years ago.  

Watching Jenna and Paul navigate a "one on one" strategy gives me some insight into what my parents were up against in raising D'Lane and me. I can now relate to Wes who will be faced with a lifetime of hand me downs.   

A.M. was totally correct when he told me that he had "underestimated the Grandpa thing".  But now with 5 months of experience interacting with two grandsons simultaneously, I can accurately say that it drains my energy more than double.  

With such great ROI on family relationships, we have now reinvested the dividends into a Van for family vacations.




No comments:

Post a Comment