Monday, August 31, 2009

Computers

I wonder how much time is wasted messing with computers.  Jenna called me today describing all kinds of computer problems.  I have had my own space problems on this Acer.  And I spent most of Sunday evening cleaning up a Compaq notebook as it's speed has begun to crawl.  Computers are becoming this vast land of filling stuff with junk.  And because we are afraid and don't know how to clean it up - disks fill up.  Memory fills up with unneeded start ups.  And video, pdf, and other files just get bigger and bigger.  I'm a big culprit because of keeping (and filing) all my mail.  My outlook file must be over 4 gig. 

I hear so many people converting to Apples.  It caused me to sell my MSFT stock (along with the recent lower earnings and pessimistic outlook).  However, Microsoft tempts me again with a new operating system - Windows 7 which the early review say is great.

SO  - all these things converge into another temptation to buy yet another laptop.  I have 4 already if you count Jenna's laptop.  These 4 have been purchase since 2001.  That means one every 2 years.  Oops - I forgot about Susan's work laptop (now at home).  That is 5 for the family (3 people). Also I estimate about $6K for all of these laptops.  That's almost $1K per year assuming I am getting itchy to buy another.

Stay tuned for the Laptop saga.




No comments:

Post a Comment