Thursday, August 27, 2009

Entering the World of Blogging

So why would anyone ever blog?  Who has the time to blog?  What are the personal advantages (benefits) to blogging?  

Well GeoCities is about to enter the graveyard- October 26, 2009.  As an early GeoCities member (2001), I used this web site to provide an easy place for people to understand my background - a personal web site.  However I didn't use it to blog (that was before the term blog came about).  In 2004, I signed up to Linkedin and in 2006 signed up for Myspace and Plaxo.  Then like all the babyboomers, I created a Facebook account.  Oh - almost forgot signed up to Twitter about 6 months ago.  Something tells me that  this Social Networking is going to take off -but how and for what benefit?  I like the Netflix app on Facebook to keep a record of movies, and the Amazon app on Linked in for books.  Trying to remember that book title and movie I watched a year ago is tough. 

So why now blog.  I keep a daily spiritual journal - a form of blogging.  But I really wouldn't   want that stuff on the web.  I enjoy the email "blog" I get from Dean (Bridge Player). So I will try this blogging for a month.  I love www.madmoneymachine podcast which is really Paul Douglas Boyer's audio blog. 

Why did I pick Vox and how did I get here?  Well in a Vistage meeting Bill Ernst gave a presentation on Social Networking and presented a Utube entertaining piece on by and Internet Marketing Consultant that mentioned Pownce.  I decided to look it up and discovered it was shut down and purchased by 6A.  That lead me here.  I am always amazed on the randomness of the journey and how the journey connects - sort of like the principle of 6 degrees apart.

Enough for today.  Time spent - 10 minutes



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete