Monday, March 19, 2012

God Laughs

I just finished Carl Richards's "The Behavior Gap ... Simple Ways to Stop Doing Dumb Things with Money".  How coincidental that I also just recently added Barry Ritholtz's blog RSS feed "The Big Picture" who provides the cover testimonial "Carl has a wicked way with a Sharpe".

Carl's book has just entered my Top Ten list of Financial Books (Number One is William Bernstein's - "The Intelligent Asset Allocator").  In fact Bernstein is on the back cover with his testimonial - "Carl Richards's deceptively simple sketches will make you laugh, change your relationship with money, and leave you the wealthier for it.  This one is bound to be a classic!"

It's not often I read a book cover to cover in one sitting (all 178 pages).  Carl is entertaining, informative, educational, and engaging with his practical stories that illustrate his napkin sketches.  I've scanned one of Carl's sketches that is very meaningful to me:

Source:  The Behavior Gap pg 62  Carl Richards
 

But my favorite quote (regarding financial life planning) is:  "You plan, God laughs".

No comments:

Post a Comment