Thursday, March 1, 2012

Joy in Life

A sidebar in my research of Joy (and it's measurment), reminded me of the best scene in the "Bucket List" (see my previous blog "Giving - It Takes Two").  There on top of the Great Pyramid, Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson discuss the soul, heaven and joy:



Tough two questions to answer - After all what is joy?  Giving?
 
The clip: Have you brought joy to others? from The Bucket List (2007)

You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death.
When their souls got to the entrance to heaven...
...the gods asked them two questions.
Their answers determined whether they were admitted or not.
Okay, I'll bite.
What were they?
Have you found joy in your life?
Uh-huh.
Answer the question.
Me?
Yeah, you.
Answer the question, "Have I found joy in my life?"
Yes.
Has your life brought joy to others?
Ah, this type of question, I...
I don't know, uh...
I don't think about how other people gauge, uh...
Ask them.
I'm asking you.
Fine.
Fine







No comments:

Post a Comment