Sunday, October 14, 2012

Father/Daughter Trip

I have to give credit to K.C. for suggesting that I plan a father/daughter trip and so it is fitting that the destination was Toronto, Canada. 

Leaving Friday morning I almost created a disaster when, at the check in, I discovered I had accidentally picked up Susan's passport instead of mine.  Luckily (but because of my obsessive habit now of getting to the airport early), Susan was able to make it to the airport with my passport in time for us to make the flight (but it was a close one).  Ellen all during the turmoil was willing to forgive me.

Thankfully the rest of the long weekend went perfectly.  Shopping at the Eaton Center, Bloor-Yorkville, Haselton Lanes, the Distillery, and Chinatown.  Even I couldn't resist dropping into the Mont Blanc Boutique store on Bloor Street.

We enjoyed wonderful food at the Royal York, atop the CN tower, Marche, and Il Fornello and sipping Starbucks in the underground passages connecting all of the downtown shopping.

The highlight of the weekend was Amaluna (Cirque Du Soleil) - worth every penny of the expensive tickets.

Sunday, Toronto was hopping (or I should say running) with the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon with over 3000 participants and probably 20,000 people lining the streets of downtown. 

Ellen (and all her shopping booty) and I arrived safely home this evening.  A "priceless" memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment