Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Architect vs Builder

We met today with our Architect and Builder (Mark and Scott). They have been part of our team since 1994 and the start of one of Susan & my loves - doing house projects. It is amazing to see the architect and builder interact - the front end talking to the back end :)

Architects in the stroke of a pen take down walls, moves them and reconstruct them as the builder winces and questions the drawings. Meanwhile Susan and I listen to the interchange and attempt to guess the costs by the expressions and amount of ink.

My experience at Accenture taught me the value of planning before implementation - including the hard decision to pay the experts to talk and strategize vs just do it.

I think the best Architects have been Builders and the best Builders have studied Architecture. You need both and both need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment