Monday, August 30, 2010

Blogging - Year 2

OK - Last August 27, 2009, I entered the world of blogging. Now 178 entries later it is time to reflect on the world of blogging. My goal a year ago was to experiment with this technology trend and determine it's value. Here are my observations"

(1) My blog did not become specific to a subject or expertise. This was probably because I was not using the blog in conjunction with a business objective.
(2) At no times did I feel the blog was a burden - or something I had to do.
(3) There was usually always a natural subject of interest to blog about.
(4) Privacy was not much of an issue as I did not "publicize the anyone other than close friends, family and business associates. However it is easily found with a google search on my name.
(5) Tagging the entries was an interesting exercise.
(6) Time spent was an average of 10-15 minutes per blog - 44.5 hours of investment to date
(7) Ability to search the blog was limited - requiring a cut and paste to a cumulative word document
(8) Without search it was hard to remember what I blogged about before
(9) It was fun to try to make the blog either humorous, clever or insightful. I enjoyed the research on new subjects.
(10) By blogging my other journal entries decreased
(11) I did not try any sophisticated links - kept it simple to occasional picture, or hyperlink
(12) It is fun being an "author"


So will I continue to blog. - For now yes. What changes will evolve? That is an interesting question- maybe something to blog about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment