Friday, September 3, 2010

Moving Day

My original choice for blogging was Vox.com - just a random pick with little research. That site closes Sept. 30, 2010. I had a similar experience as GeoCities closed last year. Suspecting that would happen - and not knowing if there would be conversion tools, I started Blogger (Google supported) and about 100 posts ago began duplicating the posts on both Vox and Blogger.

But thankfully Vox.com had a conversion tool through typepad.com and with some manual deletions - blogger has the full functionality of Vox - with archives, labels, search tools, and statistics.

I remember the challenges of tying my email to Prodigy (yes Prodigy was the first AOL and early entrant to the world of email) which went under in the 90's. That was when I was smart enough to pick a Company (Yahoo) that looked like they would be around for a while.

Moving is tough - new addresses, new phone number, new tags, new environment to learn. One fact is consistent - there will always be a moving day.