Saturday, September 11, 2010

Printing Hell

I found my second punishment in Hell - trying to configure printers and print a document. I have spend years of my life messing with printers. This plug and play is a joke.

First- half way through the through the installation it asks for the locations of the driver. That creates the challenge of finding the old installation disk.

Then you discover it was a old disk for the old operating system.

Next you spend the time navigating the web site for driver downloads and try this feature.

Then Microsoft tells you - it's not certified.

I could go on and on. (out of ink, margin problems, letters cut off, ....)

So now add the challenge of helping Serena with her computer. Since I can't read her Chinese Microsoft XP instructions; I can't mirror the steps because I have Vista; and in the end I think it has something to do with Chinese fonts.

Yes - Printing Hell right here on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment