Friday, May 27, 2011

Time to Recharge

So my blogging has had low batteries of late.  My excuse is the month long sickness (almost feeling like walking pneumonia) and the resulting lethargy and tiredness that accompanies it.  Now on the up curve, I feel like my batteries have been recharged or replaced.

Battery life is one of my pet peeves.  The cell phone, TV remotes, flashlights, clocks, laptop computers the list goes on and on.  For certain devices there are indicators of low battery life (usually the rechargeable type)  but for many - they just stop working.  I always wonder for those devices with 6 batteries - is it just one battery of the six - or all six that are dead..  Or for the rechargeable (which we know only has so many recharges left), how much "lifetime juice" still exists.

 There was a time that  AA batteries had indicators on them of how much "power" still existed.  But this did not really satisfy my need to know how much power still remained.  I'll bet there are millions of batteries tossed with significant wasted capacity unused.

In my office is a small transistor world band radio powered by two AA batteries.  I take all the household AA "dead batteries" into my office and use the radio to drain them completely!  I'm amazed at the remaining power still available and the mystery of two battery combinations (example 1 dead battery with 1 strong battery vs two weak batteries).



I guess batteries are like our body - there is no good measurement device to show us when we need to recharge or replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment