Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Filed in Oblivion

One of the most frustrating things in life is knowing you filed an important document but can't access it.  This  is true of both manual files and computer files.  I have countless backups of data on media as far back as 5 1/4 inch floppy disks;  Jazz removable hard drives; memory sticks; and Seagate gigabit backups (which I have know idea how many versions are backed up).   I have all my laptops with duplicate copies of Outlook email archives; I have no organized naming of any of my old PC's (desktop or laptop).  I even have my old Accenture Lotus notes archives somewhere.

Think of the gazillions (that's a technical term) of stranded data sitting out there for a future archeologist   (or maybe there will be a different name for a data finder) to find.  Instead of the Dead Sea Scrolls - it will be the Dead Floppy Bytes. 

Maybe they will find an old blogger's data :)

No comments:

Post a Comment