Sunday, November 11, 2012

Vistage Viewing

I've been busy developing my presentation for Vistage this coming Thursday.  Each member of the group is rotated into the "Spotlight" and my turn is Thursday.  This is my seventh time in the "hot seat" describing my strategies for business and life to a group of 10 unbiased observers.

My participation in Vistage now in its eighth year, has been very beneficial since leaving corporate life.  Having objective Partners that created some self accountability at Accenture was a critical success factor in my career and life.  Vistage membership helped to replace that career void and continued to put some third party accountability into my life.

Lately my presentations have been focused on my personal life.  The last four (including this one) are:

#4. August 14, 2008 - "Return on Life" -  I analyzed my time allocation and asked for input on how to prioritize my efforts.
#5. February 11, 2010 - "Be Happy" -  I asked the group for reactions to my personality (using the Johari Box) and presented research on happiness.  In this presentation I began the process of revising my Life Mission Statement.
#6. April 21, 2011 - I presented  some research I did on luck and risk, reflecting on what things in my life had been luck and/or risky.
#7. November 15, 2012 - The theme this year is "Live Long and Prosper" and I will present some ideas I have about the next 32 years and some of my life planning  themes.

I know I will catch grief from the group when I present that I have been blogging for the past three years.  In fact, I will blame Vistage member B.E. for the idea of starting this back in 2009.  Now 703 entries and 159,246 words later, I will justify my blogging with the following quote:

"I write to discover what I think"  Daniel Boorstin  (former Librarian of Congress)

and then I will add my own quote:

"I prepare and present Vistage Spotlights to discover what I should do"   Garen Wisner

No comments:

Post a Comment