Monday, October 20, 2014

Just Reason It

Seems my book reading is at an all time low.  However I do get to listen to books during my trips to Kansas.  The latest book was "How to win friends and Influence People .... in the Digital Age".   It has been a while since I read the original book but this was full of jewels of interpersonal development.

"The reason we do things is more important than the things we do".   I couldn't agree more.  While there is no substitute for action (e.g. Just Do It!), the reason we do things and how we decide what to do make up the complete self.  We are what we think and do.  Carefully deciding what to do, when to do it, and how to do it reflect our values.
http://www.thewatchdogonline.com/mathematics-and-critical-thinking-13741
Doing something is easy.  Doing the right thing is the difficult (and important) part!

No comments:

Post a Comment