Today was the monthly Vistage meeting. We ended the meeting introducing ourselves to a potential new member. It was interesting to hear the various testimonials ( e.g. the value Vistage has for them personally) of twelve of the Vistage 1107 group.
There are five of the twelve that were "charter" members (now 11 years). That qualifies as near loyalty (see previous day's post) - maybe a moai.
Every meeting I leave with self improvement jewels:
(1) "Blue Zones" Dan Buettner's 9 secrets to live a long live and his Ted's Talk
(2) B.D. 's comment about great sculptor who responded to how he created such a beautiful sculpture of a Horse. "I just start with the stone and take away anything that is not a horse."
(3) A.S. "Instead of dialing 911, I decided to do a 119 call to you"
(4) J.B "Career Happiness is finding out what you want to do ..... and who you want to work with"
(5) J.B. "Create your - 'I wish, I wonder' list"
(6) Reflections from the All City meeting - "What is your Customer Experience Map" and tell me about a Customer Experience that is unique for a customer (sustainable but not scalable ).
Always a high point of my month.
PS - The Ted Talk mentions the Okinawan tradition of forming a moai that provides a secure social network. Our Vistage group doesn't come close to the 97 year moai of the Okinawan ladies - but it's a good start :)