Thursday, October 21, 2010

Get a Life Card

I pulled out my "Get a Life Card" from my wallet and blew the cobwebs off of it. Delta wouldn't like that reference to the million miler medallion customer they honor.

I've been in an airport no more than 10 times in the last 9 years. The Accenture routine felt familiar - like riding a bicycle - long term parking, self check-in, upgrade status, boarding, Hertz Gold, Hyatt Check-in, room prep, and locate dinner.

Now I studied the faces of those like me 10 years ago - what are their stories? Where are their smiles?

My past travel routine was a blur - I paid no attention to anyone throughout the routine - I doubt I was smiling that much either. How different to be an observer vs the road warrior.

On the Hertz bus everyone had their 3G data phone out checking messages and here I was with my old LG and lugging a laptop. Clearly I was the technology dinosaur "outlier" in a sea of road warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment