Monday, January 31, 2011

Eschew Obfuscation

A.S. (Visgage Bud) and I sat down for coffee. A.S. has become one of my favorite Techies that "have my back". You know, the experts that you find to ask questions about technology trends, gadgets and recent technology pet peeves.

As we were discussing web sites, A.S. asked me if I would like to see the underlying HTML code. Sure thing, as I looked at symbols that reminded me of programming in assembler code at Accenture. Next A.S. mentioned we could look directly at some embedded scripts but he suspected that there would be obfuscation.

WHAT??? That was a new word for me. Not encryption - just obfuscation. Learning a new word is always enlightening. It was out there all along - you just didn't know it. Suddenly you begin hearing it again and again, reading it (where previously you skipped over it) and even seeing it in unexpected places - maybe even doing it without knowing.

I have been told to eschew obfuscation in my Xmas letters and my blogging. Hmmm...... I'll consider it once I understand the phrase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment