Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Office Distractions

Today, I inherited Susan's Crystal Springs Water dispenser (among other office luxuries). I'm reminded of it constantly since my laptop faces it.

So to distract me from the monster water dispenser, I filled and turned on my old lamp/vertical fake fish aquarium with it's assorted plastic fish riding the up and down the multicolored bubbling distilled water.

Add to that the small table top fountain with actual falling water and choices of soothing sounds of rain forest, loons, summer night, thunder, sunrise and wind chimes. It is a virtual artificial aquatic experience - with water everywhere.

Oh, almost forgot the glass droplet temperature gauge suspended in water, the sand pendulum, and the ambientdevices for the stock market - the office gadgets are accumulating always available for a moment of distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment