Monday, January 3, 2011

Goals & Resolutions

Something magic about a roll over to a New Year helps to create reflection and goal setting. Maybe the time snowed in or the comfort of getting through another year sets a proper "back drop".

As much as I criticize the process of Strategic Planning, I am a key believer that you achieve only what you vision. Without vision - there is boredom. The process of setting goals has been studied, over methodolgied (a new word), and abused by consultants. How an individual does it is as unique as their fingerprints.

Vistage has provided me the forum to think about goals for the last seven years. Looking back at what I wrote seven years ago is amusing, at best. I can choose to see it with regrets (for those goals missed or ignored), or with knowledge (for the wisdom to ignore or change).

So what goal do I have today? To always write down annual goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment