Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lawn Tennis

Today I played lawn tennis with Susan.  Well - not exactly the real lawn tennis game. 

Since I mowed the forest area of our property today, I happened upon no less than 10 tennis ball obstacles in the way of my walk behind mower.  Each time, I stopped and and hurled the ball up onto our grass back "in play".

The balls are in the yard for the dogs to play with. Thrown there by Jenna in a game of fetch - with little results.  Hence she throws ten hoping for the dogs to return one. Consequently 10 balls rest quietly in the grass waiting Susan's "volley".

Susan in her Mario Andretti style riding the John Deere is in no mood to stop for any tennis balls in her way.  Consequently like a sling shot they blast out of the grass cutter down the incline into the forest - awaiting my return volley.

So the volleys go back and forth until the ball disintegrates (after multiple lawn mower cuts) or rolls deeper into the forest out of view.

Does anyone think to pick the balls up that are littering the yard?   That would be no fun.  Susan's serve!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment