Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Persistence



As you enter my office door the first picture/poster you see is this one.  For a given situation, I can exhibit this trait (call it a character trait) to the extreme.  If you google the word persistence and browse the images there are many visual ways to depict the feeling. 

And at Mom's house there is a derivitive of this picture I found on the internet  (it must be in the genes):

I'm reminded of the Winston Churchill quote in his 1941 speech at Harrow school:
"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. "


And why are these thoughts on my mind?   Ask Susan, Jenna, and Ellen as I continue to fight for CBT's DSL line at home   (against the evil force of Time Warner - the enemy)

Thanks to K.M. for his email encouragement for persistence:  "We’ve come to far to give up at this point."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment