Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Books

I just finished the "Christmas List" by Richard Paul Evans. A good story about "beginning with the end in mind".

I read his first book "The Christmas Box" in 1995 and it had a profound effect on me. Probably because of my work habits and the main character's daughter was also named Jenna. The Hallmark movie was not nearly as meaningful as the book (but that happens alot).

I imagine books with the name Christmas in the title get a certain amount of sales (or at least a browse) by the reference of the holiday. I'm sure I picked up the Christmas Box because of my fond memories of Christmas and obsession with boxes. Plus the book is one of those smaller books - not too thick, short chapters, lots of dialogue, with a great story line (sort of mysterious).

What is your favorite childhood Christmas book? Is it a big picture book of the poem - "Twas the night before Christmas"? The Grinch? The Littlest Angel? The Nutcracker?

No comments:

Post a Comment