Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bad News Ages Fast

The ex Cincinnati Accenture Partners meet monthly for lunch to solve world problems, talk sports, reminisce, exchange politics and jokes - generally get updated on each other's life. A.C. was smiling as he said, "Garen would always peak his head into my office when there was trouble". I responded - "Yeah Al but at least I knew to get it in front of you fast". I remember your saying:

"Bad News Ages Fast". I learned that from Al and my parents. Don't think it will go away with time because it just get's more rotten each day.

I look back on my career and can thank my parents ( for initial life training), and then to many of the more senior managers and partners that shaped my performance and style in business.

You are the best and worst of the mentors in your life. Some are chosen for you - others you have a choice.

Chose Wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment