Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where am I

Our consciousness keeps us on track - it's our GPS system letting us know where we are. After all before we can go somewhere, you must know where your are - present location. Quite different from the question "Who am I" (the song from Les Miserables quickly plays in my head).

Our physical reality keeps us grounded in location - confirms where am I at all times. Think back to the number of times you were really lost - not very often I would guess. Maybe a short time within a city that was unfamiliar when looking to go somewhere. Maybe as a child walking back from school when taking a new route. In each case a landmark, a set of information (maps) some guidance system re calibrated and answered the question - where am I.

Lost in wilderness, an individual will walk in circles when there are no landmarks to guide them. Studies have found with the sun or moon visible, people can walk in a straight line.

Are you walking a straight line - or circling lost. Find your landmark.

No comments:

Post a Comment