Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WaterColors

The only thing on XM Radio the family likes to listen to (in Susan's Tahoe) is Watercolors (Channel 71 Smooth Jazz). So it was with great sorrow that the minimalist in me (that's the new term I use for frugal) convinced Susan to cancel the quarterly charge of $48.72 ($12.95/mth plus royalty and taxes).

So - I called XM with the express intent of canceling the service and saving $50. We have been listeners to Watercolors since Jan. 2005 Suddenly I get Sedrick on the line and he says - "I can save you significant money - how about 5 months for $20 - our special program to keep you at XM. It's not really $20 because after tax and royalty it's $25 (but who's counting).

Unbelievable - Sedrick talked me into it. So instead of saving $50. I save $25 and get two additional months. Like all subscription business models - they count on the human condition of forgetfulness five months from now.

Watercolors lives on until April 23. And we get to listen to Xmas music for the Holidays.

Minimalists - never forget :)

No comments:

Post a Comment