Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Titles or Testimonials

Nathan said "Which do you seek - titles or testimonials". I remember in 1989 when I was promoted to Partner at Accenture. It was quite the title although there were other titles in the hierarchy (e.g. Managing Partner, etc.). I had not changed but everyone else's perception changed with the added title.

The other weekend P.S. and I were reminiscing about the old Accenture days and I mentioned how many of the staff had stories about me - things I can't even remember. P.S. related immediately and told a story of how he had picked up the parking fee late one night for the staffer that was following him out of the parking lot.

Years later the staff saw P.S. at a restaurant and reiterated the story and how much that had impacted their life. What a testimonial for a person with the title - Partner.

Amazing what impact a small act of kindness can have.

You choose every day - seek the title or testimonial.

No comments:

Post a Comment