Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Senior Power

It was a great day several months ago when standing in line with my fellow SVP Cincinnati Partners to get tickets on the Queen Elizabeth II, M.L. said - "Wow, I get my first chance at a senior discount". Indeed, I was also shocked - I too could get the Senior Discount 55 and older ($1 off I as I remember - which is getting harder now). They didn't even "card" me :) I guess the gray is visible enough proof.

Senior status begins early with the AARP promotional letters. But it doesn't really set in until you publicly declare your status at the ticket line. Those that know me - know that I would stand on my head (if possible) to save a buck - so declaring my senior status was no problem at the QE II.

I think officially the generally accepted Senior age is 65 (probably because of Social Security). So I still have a number of years to go. But I'll begin to look more carefully for the 55 and older stuff.

Coincidentally the first Baby Boomers (1946) will enter offical senior status 3o days from now.


The Senior Power tsunami is about to hit shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment