Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Predictions

B.S. and I have a ritual. We schedule a Holiday lunch and bet $100 each year on predictions for the next year. We've been doing this for over 10 years. For the last two years we have tied 4-4 and the bet was resolved with the tie breaker. Winner buys lunch - and loser naturally orders dessert :)

There are usually two sports categories, two stock market categories, two personal business categories, and two political or other categories. We alternate who goes first in picking to provide fairness.

So what are my holiday predictions for 2011?
Crosstown Shootout - Bearcats
Bengals - 8-8
S&P - 1500
Best Long - MSFT (B.S. laughed at this one - and I must admit it is a long shot)
Best Short _ Netflix
SVP Cincinnati Partners - 22
B.S. Asset Under Mgt - 18M
Unemployment % - 6%

So I'm bullish on 2011 with a 19% return on S&P and unemployment down to 6%. Let's hope I'm half right.

No comments:

Post a Comment