Sunday, December 5, 2010

Retire the Ladder

JVD told me several years ago after his accident, "Every man should retire their ladder at the age of 50". So why was I up on my new roof several weeks ago blowing the leaves off. It is difficult to give up things as you age. Youthful thinking is - "It can't happen to me".

Then the phone call came on Thursday - JB was in the hospital (Bethesda North) facing a minimum of nine months of therapy after falling from the roof blowing the leaves off. It was by God's grace (and his wife's insistence that he not move) that he is not completely paralyzed from the neck down.

In my Bible study BE tells the story of his one year recovery from falling from the roof. I've heard it many times.

Wisdom can be sent to you in many ways, forms and through people. In fact how many times does it take to "get it"? Obviously for me more than 5 times. I haven't seen JB yet in his flap jacket but next week we will have lunch and maybe a visual will solidify the point.

Wisdom surrounds us constantly - just listen - then take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment