Friday, December 17, 2010

It's Home

Last night at the Thirsty Thursday meeting of SVP Cincinnati Partners, three of us pondered on the challenges of Cincinnati - its future, its image and its vision. All three of us are "transplants" but loyal to Cincinnati and will stay here - probably for the duration. We want Cincinnati to be a successful thriving community.

But we concluded - Cincinnati has no image, no brand, nothing we really "stand for". I asked T.A. why does he stay in Cincinnati ... and we all gave our individual answers.

Susan and I almost left Cincinnati - for Hudson, Ohio (closer to family). But we stayed. Why? I couldn't completely verbalize the answer. Living in 5 different cities in the USA growing up; the chance with Accenture to move to practically anyplace in the world; - why 35 years in Cincinnati?

L.H. (our resident SVP Cincinnati expert in Marketing) hit it on the head - "Its Home" - "It's time to go Home".

Randy Newman's song entered my brain - "Feels Like Home"
Feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
Feels like I'm on my way back where I come from.
Feels like home to me, feels like home to me,
Feels like I'm on my way back where I belong.

Bonnie Raitt - Feels Like Home - Faust

No comments:

Post a Comment