Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before ....

I have read this poem hundreds of times and heard it recited even more. Reading about the history of the poem in Wikipedia is interesting - and it claims much of conception of Santa Claus was solidified with this 1823 poem.

No longer is Santa a mystery in the Wisner household (although the facts are never discussed just in case nothing would continue to appear in stockings). The night before will be a quiet time this year - church, maybe another viewing of White Christmas, and off to bed. I, of course will continue the after midnight tradition of wrapping all the gifts I have accumulated to give. Now that I have begun to acquire these throughout the year the real challenge will be remembering them - and then finding where I hid them.

Many Christmas eve's my brother and I would avoid cabin fever and head out to a late night movie. You would be surprised at the number of people in the theater after 10pm Christmas Eve. The movie line-up this year is pretty weak. D'Lane called and recommended the remake of "True Grit" - Hmmmmm maybe tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment