Tuesday, December 28, 2010

GPS Rest Stop

Driving to Akron over the holidays with three girls can require several rest stop breaks. My girls have learned my saying "hold it until it hurts" :) Consequently they announce with plenty of lead time for me to determine where to stop. Which leads me to a mystery - why doesn't the GPS system show rest stops?

It show traffic snarls, and all points of interest - so why isn't a state government highway rest stop listed on the GPS system? How could this be a design feature overlooked. My first thought - it must just be a user operational lack of knowledge - a simple menu choice. But alas - I couldn't easily find it.

This is an irritation - especially when I exit only to discover that a rest stop was only three miles up the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment