Friday, June 10, 2011

Impatience

In "Max on Life" by Max Lucado he answers questions and provides insight into many spiritual issues.  On question 21 about patience he states: "Impatience is selfishness with time.  We don't like to waste it".  But like the things we have in life - those things are not ours -  they are all Gods. Time is the same -- It's God's time (see blog 01/18/10 Time is Money)  not ours.

I think gardening teaches patience.  I planted wild flowers May 21 and have diligently been watering.  The green sprouts are there but no flower. I keep asking where are my flowers.  If I water more will they grow faster?  If I fertilize more will they grow faster? How can I speed up the process?

In a world of instant speed for our desires (fast food; eye glasses in an hour; iphone internet access; 24 hour news; air travel; electronic transactions; and yes gardening) we want results - NOW!

Some things just can't be sped up - birth; trust; friendship; love; .......  you add to the list.
  
As Max concludes: "Thankfully, God is patient while you find patience"

"Love is patient"  (1 Cor. 13:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment