Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Decade of Vistage

Today I attended the All City meeting of Vistage members (www.vistage.com).  I also paid the annual membership dues for the 10th year (ending July 2014) today so the organization is on my mind.  There are still six of the founding members in our 1107  Trusted Advisor group (seven counting A.S. - our facilitator) - T.A.; T.H.; S.K.; M.L.; S.M.; and myself.  The dues have been going up each year (a 10 year CAGR of 3.79%) but this year was particularly steep - 7.5% increase.

Susan calls my Vistage group 1107 -- my "paid friends" :)    We meet each month (half a day) to share economic, professional, and life issues in a confidential setting.  Our current membership roster is fourteen (of which five have joined in the last year). 

Initially, I used Vistage Group 1107 as a pseudo Board of Directors during the early years of my involvement with LCP Tech Inc.  Now Vistage as become a great outlet for me to reflect on my time, mission, vision and goals (personal, spiritual, and professional).  This year I will be in the "Spotlight" (the meeting where members provide "carefrontation" as you discuss your goals) on December 12, 2013. 

Vistage (and B.E.) was the "cause" of my starting this blog. In fact, I can point to many activities that Vistage germinated  (the good, the bad and the ugly).  Today's speaker Matthew Kelly was superb.  His topic on Work/Life Balance was full of valuable advice. It was a great event to network and reflect.

No comments:

Post a Comment