Joe Gibbs was really there to talk about the game of life (which he then related to football). He is a very accomplished speaker because he kept his message simple, repetitive, and told stories to enhance his four main points.
(1) In life (like football) the most important starting point is the Head Coach
(2) Next, you need players
(3) The players need to understand this is a TEAM sport
(4) You need a Playbook (Game Plan)
Joe Gibbs gave a great testimonial and witness to us all. I can't wait to read the book that was provided to all 1000 of us at the breakfast table "Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success".
So what's his real points:
(1) God is your Head Coach
(2) You decide whether you want to be a player
(3) As a player you decide what team you want to play on
(4) The Bible is your Playbook - it can speak to you individually and your team mates and it leaves nothing out (or in doubt).
And I would add my message (which he didn't say but goes without saying) .......
We can all win the game!