Saturday, December 1, 2012

What we boys do!

"This is what we do!"  William Adama vociferously yells as he wins his first Battlestar Galatica battle in the 10 part web series of "Blood and Chrome". 

And the response to Adama by Coker Fasjovik (the co-pilot and navigator) was "Not bad Oscar, Stupid but not Bad".

What a great nostalgia time for me, since I was hooked on the remake of the 1979 series that first aired on SciFi (now SyFy) on Dec. 8, 2003.  I watched the first eight episodes of Blood and Chrome on the web during the Thanksgiving holiday and I look forward to SyFy delivering the complete 1080i version of it on Feb. 19, 2013 (maybe with enough interest SyFy will take a risk on another series).  Boys will still be boys.

The progression of young boy's interest in television went from war series (Combat, The Gallant Men, The Rat Patrol) to the Spy series (I Spy, T.H.E. Cat, Man From U,N.C.L.E, Mission Impossible; The Avengers) to the Space series (I Dream of Jeanie, Lost in Space, Star Trek, and Battlestar Galatica).  Actually I stopped with Star Trek and never really liked the 80's version of Battlestar Galatica.  Like I said boys will be boys

I'm sure this media framed the attitudes and opinions of the baby boomer males interested in war, guns, and "final frontiers". 

This is what we [boys] do!   And the girls respond - Stupid, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment