(1) In your 20's and 30's
(2) Independent thinking, well educated, liberal arts degrees (some math and science qualify)
(3) Counter culture, progressive politics
(4) Cosmopolitan Districts - Williamsburg, Wicker Park, Mission District
(5) Art, Indie-rock, creative overly intellectual, and witty type
(6) Vintage thrift store inspired fashion (sneakers required) - edgy!!
(7) Messy shag cuts and bangs
(8) Job ---- What job?
In the 60's there were hippies and the squares.
Huey Lewis said it all in his song ---- "Hip to be Square"!
(1) Cut Hair
(2) Wear Business Suit (presumably have a job)
(3) Work Out
(4) Watch what you eat
(5) No fooling around
(6) Conformist (no longer a renegade)