Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Asking for it

It was a great lunch today with A.M. and B.J. full of laughter and random talk.  I asked B.J. what one question could he provide for my "friendship test" - a test to determine a good friend.  "A person that still puts up with you despite your garrulous nature."

Wow -  that put my vocabulary wheels in motion.  I could try to infer a definition based on the wit and teasing the three of us use in our bantering discussions.  But what does garrulous really mean?


http://www.vocabahead.com/GRESATVocabularyVideos/TabId/59/VideoId/215/Garrulous.aspx

 
1. excessively talkative in a rambling, roundabout manner, especially about trivial matters.
2. wordy or diffuse: a garrulous and boring speech


Wow -  Was I asking for it :)
 
P.S.  This vocabulary site www.vocabahead.com is great.  What a fun way to learn and remember new words!




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment