Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Board Room Exit

No one got my point when I said the departing Board members for SVP Cincinnati reminded me of the final scene of One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest.  They wanted me to explain - my response (like the intrigue of interpreting the book) was - "watch the movie and decide for yourself".  It is a very complicated book. The movie, with Jack Nicholson, is a 1975 classic, and does a good job of delivering the complexity of the book.

The interesting philosophy I remember most about the book and the movie is trying to determine who is crazy and who is sane?  What is "prison" and what is "freedom"?  Who is in control and who isn't?

In the final scene the Chief (pretending to be deaf and dumb) leaves the Mental Ward and it's up to you to decide, based on the outcomes of all the characters, who is better off.

So what was my point as the three departing Board members left me with yet another term?

Depends on your perspective :)

No comments:

Post a Comment