Monday, April 26, 2010

Losing your Wallet

Last week my palm pilot (yes I am still a technology dinosaur with an old palm pilot) calendar "died" and my last backup was February 18.  The only thing worse than losing your calendar is losing your wallet (or your  cell phone).  That empty feeling of - OH NO!  my life is lost.

You might think a person like me - skilled for 25 years in technology would follow the practice of regular and frequent back-ups.  NOT -  "the cobblers children go barefoot".  Not backing up is like the youthful feeling of ignoring your mortality.  Risk taking or laziness - how many times do you have to be "burnt" before you learn the lesson of discipline.
 
So if you have not lost your wallet recently -  great!  But how long has it been since your last backup?



No comments:

Post a Comment