Saturday, March 26, 2011

Global Dominance

It was Global Dominance today as I conquered the world of risk.  Actually it was RISK - the Parker Brothers game that I grew up on.  Jenna, Paul, and friends were playing the game today and mistakenly asked me to play.  Clearly rookies compared to my endless hours of practice (easily over  1000 plays).

It is impossible to play RISK without a fight - and I don't mean just the typical warfare on the gameboard with the dice capturing territories.  I mean a real fight with the players.  Alliances are made, then broken, then remade as the opponents try to neutralize the dominant force.  Yet to win the game requires a sequential elimination of each opponent to capture their cards.

Luckily everything goes back in the box, time passes and the bad feelings dissipate.  The world gets back to normal and temptation to RISK the relationship for power sets pack in.

No comments:

Post a Comment