Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lucky Ducky

I just finished "How to Get Lucky" by Max Gunther in my preparation for my Vistage Spotlight in April.  Max talks about 13 (yes the unlucky number) techniques for lucky positioning.  I don't remember if I purchased the book or it was given to me by Mom.  I'm sure I scanned it (or maybe even read it) long ago but it was worth re-reading for my project.

I asked R.M. if he considered himself lucky - "OF COURSE I DO,  I could have been born in Afghanistan!".  Wow - that puts it in perspective.  I even remember Warren Buffet's quote about winning the Ovarian Lottery.

So why do we Americans (who should consider themselves in the luckiest 1% of the world), ever complain about  bad luck?  Because there is always someone you think is luckier than you (and there always is).

No comments:

Post a Comment