Sunday, October 4, 2009

Blinking 12:00

It all started with programming the old VCR - which is why many people had blinking blue digital 12:00.  And it hasn't gotten any easier.  Jenna asked me why her new ATSC Flat Screen TV at college could only play the DVD player in black and white.  Naturally I said - no problem it's just a setup simple program command in the DVD ----- WRONG.

After bringing it home and spending a half hour fiddling (we males don't want to search for the user manual - not that there is any chance I could find it),  I did finally get it to work.  It's the old interlace vs progressive command - duh.

I reflect on my family room TV/Sound System setup and there is probably only one person in our family that could even get it to work.  Five different remote controls;  a three way switch for the digital Sony Surround Sound Headphones and I could go on and on.

So  why did this all happen?  To keep the males in business.  It is the area we can claim as our duties around the house - our contribution.



No comments:

Post a Comment