Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Women, Horses and Dogs

Adams vs Jefferson was one of the books on tape I listened to during my 36 hour driving excursion last week.  It is about the 1800 election race to the Presidency.  I'm now convinced that my criticism of today's politicians as being  un - statesmanlike is ill founded.  They were just as dirty and mean back them.  And our recent disputed elections were no match for what happened in the 1800 election of our third president. 

I did perk up (the 10 disks were alittle boring at times) when the author said the three subjects that men spent most of their time talking about were - Women, Horses and Dogs.  Made me think - what are the three most common topics today for men?    In 1950's,  I bet it was Women, Cars and Sports   Today -  Cars might be on the downturn to be replaced with technology gadgets. 

So what stands the test of time -  The Human condition of companionship, reproduction, bragging?, or what? 



No comments:

Post a Comment