Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Letters

Don't you just hate those Christmas Letters you receive with the Xmas cards :)  --- Especially in 8 font New Times Roman with the page packed to the edge of the margins.  On and on about .......   you get the drift.  There's a humorous Utube video of "Ask the Fruitcake Lady" featured on Jay Leno who gripes about those letters -  it was sent to me in response to my 2007 letter.

Yes -  I just sent out the 9th Wisner Family letter and email.  Actually I use the Merry Christmas email as an annual way to have the discipline to update my Outlook email addresses.  The returned emails get deleted (so that's your answer on how to not get sent an email).

I do get a few responses back about the email/letter.  There are people who enjoy the family update, the puzzles inside, or just are willing to put up with my antics. 

I like the tradition of composing the letter as it lets me reflect on what happened in the past year.  It's amazing how quickly you forget an event, and what things rise to the important event top ten.  And since I keep all the past letters, it is a written log of the family journey (albeit through my filter and crazy authorship). 

Really there is only one person who enjoys reading the letter - ME :)  And that's who counts.



No comments:

Post a Comment