Friday, December 4, 2009

Redundant Storytelling

Last night was full of storytelling. And there is great power in business and personal relationships with storytelling.   Kevin Murray, one of my Accenture colleagues, is one of the best.  But what do you do when you have heard the story many many times before.   Al Cambridge was a good story teller also - and a real mentor to me.  He invested lots of time in my career and as such I have heard nearly every Al Cambridge story. 

So when your boss, parents, grandparents ......  start into that story you've heard one hundred times before, what do you do?   Listen patiently again?  Interrupt and say - "Yeah you've told me that story"?     Well my advice is if it is a good story, just like a good movie, sit back relax and relish the chance to hear a good one yet another time.  If it isn't one of the top 10 stories - interrupt politely and move the conversation forward.

We are our stories............ -  oops that's redundant to one of my blogs.

What about redundant blogging :)



No comments:

Post a Comment