Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goals

Something about year end creates the desire in me to create annual goals.  Susan and I used to do this as we would travel on the road during the Xmas Holidays.  It's entertaining to go back and look at those historical goals also.  We would do annual stuff and also long range items. 

The categories one uses for goals is also an interesting exercise.  I just picked up an interesting book at the library - "Who's got your back" by Keith Ferrazzi.  I haven't finished the book but I chose it based on the picture I saw on page 163 - Your Personal Success Wheel.  It shows a wheel with 7 equal parts (categories) - Spirituality, Intellectual Stimulation, Physical Wellness, Financial Success, Professional Growth, Deep Relationships, and Giving Back.  That might be a good set of categories this year to set goals by.

Vistage gives me another opportunity to set goals and we will do that at our January meeting.  I did that last year and reported monthly about my progress in those goals. 

I think goals are important to your emotional, physical and spiritual well being. 

Goal- less in sports means you can,  at best,  end in a tie.



No comments:

Post a Comment