Thursday, December 3, 2009

ReUnions

I've  never been to a High School Reunion probably because I moved my Senior year to Solon, Ohio.. Last year was the first time Susan or I had ever been to Miami University's Alumni Reunion weekend.  I occasionally make it to the  Annual Wells Family ReUnion. Then there is my annual College Buddy ReUnion during the Superbowl.  And tonight
is the 9th Accenture Alumni Reunion at Arthurs. And I should count Holiday gatherings in the category of ReUnions.

Count up your ReUnions - I predict there will be at least a handful, especially the older you are. We measure time like other things in a relative way - by comparing ourselves to others.  It's comforting to see your friends, family and relationships over a period of time.  And there can be people you don't even know that you see on a regular basis over time (every year we see other Box Seat holders at the Masters Tennis Tournament). 

Big or Small - Annual or Sporadic -  ReUnions remind us of the importance of community, groups, and relationships.

Maybe it's time to attend one of those ReUnions.




No comments:

Post a Comment