Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Radio Buttons

No, I'm not talking about the computer term for those round circle choices on a web screen.  I'm talking about the buttons in your car.

Car radios have gotten much more sophisticated with scan, seek and automatic button assignment.  Just like most of my electronic devices, I refuse to read the manual and just experiment. Even the buttons are complicated. I wonder how many pre-set buttons are ever changed?  And when did you last re-set a button?

I really need only three buttons - WVXU 91.7; WGUC 90.9; WGRR 103.5; NPR Talk, NPR Classic, Oldies.  While I like XM Satellite in Susan's car, I'm too frugal to pay the monthly cost - but that button would be Watercolors.  I would buy per trip a button/station to listen to for long trips but that service is not available.

Will radio buttons disappear with I-pod streaming (Apple is buying LaLa)?  The problem is you still have to plug your I-pod into the radio before listening (too much effort).  The car needs to automatically detect the on board I-pods (another Bluetooth application). 

So Steve Job's next conquest in music -   The Radio Button 



No comments:

Post a Comment